Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Oh dear lord.

Where in the F*&% did the last 6 months go? I mean, I lose everything, but six months? That's even a little much for me.

So, life's been fantastic, the house is great, blah blah blah. My son, my BABY, had his first half day of daycare yesterday. This, in anticipation of my going back to work on Monday. Here's a riddle for you: what do you get when you combine Oliver with daycare, a house without Oliver in it, and Oliver's favorite Mickey shoes strewn about haphazardly by the front door.

A Momma that isn't willing to spend 5 hours inside by herself.

It went down like this (understand that I do NOT want to go back to work, but I've got to, that's another post for another day). I drove home (all two minutes), admitedly a little teary eyed. I opened the door, saw Oliver's shoes, listened to the silence, turned around, locked the door and got back into the car. I just could not do it. So I drove. I drove slowly down back country roads, and suddenly I was in Barrie, at the waterfront. But this wasn't far enough. So, I drove, slowly, down more country roads. Now I was at the cottage, but still, not far enough. So, I drove, slowly, into Orillia. Then I parked. I went for a nice walk down the main street, I dipped into my favourite shop and spent an hour touching every kitchen gadget on their shelves. I purchased a slice of cake (yes, it was only 9am, what's your point?), and I made a note of all the different types of jam they had.

Then I walked down to wilkies bakery. They make the BEST buttertarts (next to mine, of course), and something good actually happened. They had just come out of the oven and weren't even packaged yet. So yummy. Next, I drove down to the water front and went for a walk and ate my slice of cake (too much icing). I finally got back in the car and headed home. I walked in the door at 11:30, tidied up the kitchen, and went to get Oliver at noon. He was exhausted too, from all the fun he had, so at 1 we both had a nap. A three and a half hour long nap (a record for Oliver).

Today, well, it all started again, only I couldn't run to the bakery, because a guy is coming to fix my over between 8 and 10, so here I sit, very bored with no Oliver to play with, in a very VERY quiet house. But I've got a plan, after the guy leaves I'm heading out to scope out splash pads to take Oliver to when I pick him up :)

No comments: