Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Cinnamon Banana Chocolate Chip Pancakes


Cinnamon Banana Chocolate Chip Pancakes

I put this recipe into the folder marked "How many foods can I fit into another food". It's a fun game, and I keep raising the stakes (like, if I can get up to 5 foods into another food, I'm totally taking myself to Dairy Queen for a blizzard, the holy grail of putting one food into another!).



Anyway, these are delicious, and Oliver approved, so you really can't go wrong!

Prep Time: 10 minutes
Bake Time: 10 minutes
Makes: 8 largish pancakes (I prefer small ones, so I probably get 15)

Ingredients:

3/4 buttermilk
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg, lightly beaten
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 1/4 tsp cinnamon
Pinch ground nutmeg
1 very ripe medium banana, mashed (optional)
1/4 cup chocolate chips (optional)

Directions:

1. Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt.

2. Add the milk, egg, melted butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, banana and chocolate chips, and give a quick whisk until combined.

3. Heat a griddle over medium-high heat (coat the surface with non-stick spray ONLY if your griddle or pan is not non-stick). Pour 1/4 cup of the batter for each pancake, flipping only once the surface is full of bubbles and is starting to look a little dry. Cook on second side until browned.

No comments: