The best oatmeal chocolate chip cookies you, your Momma, your Grandma and your Grandma's Daddy ever tasted!
Seriously. The title can not lie (it's like incapable or some shit).
I had been on the hunt for YEARS (really, close to a decade) for the best oatmeal chocolate chip cookie because it's Bo's favourite and he really doesn't ask for much. I thought that I had it, Bo always requested it, the guys at his work always looked forward to them. They were the shit. Until I tasted Jen's (my cousin via Bo). She kicked my cookies ass to the curb, stomped on them a bit, dug her heel and and spit while she was walking away. The abuse was rough, I'm surprised she didn't need a cigarette afterwords. Anyway, here's Jen's recipe, which she actually got in a high school home-ed class (go figure).
Don't doubt it by the ingredients, just make them. You'll never go back.
Shakespeare Cookies (Oatmeal Chocolate Chip)
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Bake Time: 12 - 15 minutes
Makes: 2 dozen cookies
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup flour
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup rice crispy cereal
1/4 c chocolate chips
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Prep two baking sheets with parchment paper or your sil-pat mat's.
2. Cream the butter and sugar, add the egg, and beat until combined.
3. Add the baking powder, baking soda, salt and flour and beat until no dry flour is left. Add the rolled oats, rice crispy cereal and chocolate chips and mix until combined.
4. Place cookies with about 1½ inches between them (I get 12 per sheet). Bake for about 12 minutes, until the cookies are a nice golden brown around the edges, and light brown in the center. Turn the sheet half way through baking to avoid overcooking or under cooking a side beside of hot spots in your oven.
5. Let the cookies cool on the sheet for a few minutes, then move to a cooling rack.