Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Off to the Pumpkin Patch!

Oct. 23, 2010

Today was a day I'd been looking forward to for WEEKS! I couldn't wait to get Oliver to the pumpkin patch for the first time, and thankfully he had just as much fun as I'd hoped he would :)

Before we could go though, we thought we'd let Daddy sleep in as late as he wanted (Bo had tons a couple of early mornings the past few weeks with me being sick. So I decided to make myself a cheesecake. I say myself because no one else in the house will eat it. C'est la vie.

This is what Oliver dis while I made my cheesecake.

He's perfect.

Didn't you know?

Daddy's up and we're at the pumpkin patch, walking in. Oliver's already noticed all the goats. Squeeeee!

Like his mother, Oliver isn't satisified with what he's at (the rabbits), he always want's to see what's next...

Chickens. Hey Bo, do you remember when that one Roostered?

We finally made it to the goats, and the fantastic Daddy that Bo is, he got us a bunch of food to give them.

Oliver, fearless wonder child, got right in there right away

Ok, maybe with some reservations.

Uh, Mommy, what is wrong with that...

OMG!

omg omg omg omg omg 

OMG! How is his tongue that long???

The food's gone, so we head over to see the other animals.

Oliver's giving the pigs a talking too.

Oh my heart...

It's not even how cute Oliver is, it's that ridiculously cute smirk on Bo's face. I'm dying.

They've got all kinds of wooden play things built, this is the train.

Daddy tried to sneak up and scare Oliver.

But my boy's too smart for that!

They had an adult haunted house, and the Boo Barn for little kids. Oliver looks a little weary here..

But he loved it once we were inside. We had to go back two more times actually...and pull him away when he wanted to go a fourth.

Yeah...we're that family, and we love it.

Snicker. Too damn cute!

Oliver was fascinated by the tri-cycle race track. I promised him we'd practice for next year.

This kid. Man.

My boy, he's got swagger.

See.

The baddest (in a good way) baby in the north. Wanted for excessive cuteness and stealing of hearts.

These next few photos need no words.





Chasing seagulls. Who knew how much fun this could be (other then me, I suppose it's inherited).


Oliver's girlfriend for the day. We think he may have just been after her wagon.


Now for what he's been waiting for...the tractor ride!

That guy to Oliver's left is our driver, they because fast buddies.

This is the happiest this child has been all day, and he's been pretty damn happy.

On the way to the actual pumpkin patch.

Oliver's first pumpkin

He's pretty happy with it (and himself)

And he was even happier with two pumpkins. Bo and I didn't actually know that you could hug pumpkins, but you can.

Waiting for the tractor to get back

I can't not smile when this child is in my arms.

Hugging his pumpkin, again. There goes my heart.

I think something's coming...

(This is Bo's favorite picture of the day, and he even took it!)

Oh the ride back to the farm.

And the first thing Oliver did off the tractor? Run to the painted tractor.

Back to the pigs...

And the sheep, I think he's got a friend here

They're both giving me "the look". What's up with that?

One last visit with the goats so Oliver can remind them of how weird they are

Then it was time to pick up our pumpkins and head home. This was a little hard though, thank goodness Daddy was there to help.

No comments: