Saturday, November 20, 2010

Apple Spice Breakfast Cake

Apple Spice Breakfast Cake


I mean, what kid won't get excited when you tell them that they get to have cake for breakfast!
The next time I make this I think I'll double it, and back a bunch of little ones in mini loaf pans. I'll update when I do with times and such.

Prep Time: 10 minutes
Bake Time: 45 minutes
Serves: 8 (large pieces)

Ingredients:

3 cups finely chopped apples
1 pkg ( 14 oz / 400g) spice cake mix
1/4 cup wheat germ
1/4 cup wheat bran
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup milk
2 tbsp brown sugar

Directions:

1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9" square cake pan.

2. In a medium bowl, stir together 2 cups of the apples, cake mix, wheat germ, wheat bran and cinnamon. Stir in the milk until just blended. Spread the cake pan.

3. Top with the rest of the apples and sprinkle the brown sugar evenly over the top.

4. Bake for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Move to a wire rack to cool

No comments: