Thursday, August 12, 2010

Back to the grind

It was hard to go back to work this week. For one, after only a month I feel like I've hit a wall. Already. Even though I didn't want to go back to work, the first few weeks were ok, actually better then I expected. Then Oliver got sick, and fussy every night, and now it's killing me. Every day is a struggle now to get my ass out the door in the morning. I really wish I could just quit and stay home for good. I can't wait.

Work was normal, and really the next three days were all pretty much the same. My Mom stayed at the house to watch Oliver because of our daycare situation, so at least he had some quality one on one time and fun.

Monday night we had turkey parm for dinner, and Tuesday was porcupine balls, so not very exciting.

Wednesday night (blah) Mom headed home and Bo and I played with Oliver while dinner cooked (roast chicken, carrots, onions, celery and potatoes, awesome with the accompanying gravy!). We actually had a blast with Oliver tonight, him walking all over the place, diving into his ball pit and crashing, horrifically, into his farm play house. That bruise will not look going going to daycare tomorrow!

I made it to bed at 9:30 Wednesday, which was totally awesome, though I fear one good night isn't going to make up for how exhausted I am.

Only two more days until another movie night on the couch, I can't wait!

No comments: