Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Look Ma, I can slide!

Oct. 5, 2010

Some nights it's just plain hard to get dinner ready (in general, not just at a reasonable time, because that seems to be an issue every night). Sometimes it's because Oliver's over tired and fussy, sometimes it's because he's having trouble pooping and hurting so he just wants to be held. Sometimes he's a total cuddle monster, and really, what mother wouldn't put off making dinner to spend an hour with her boy snuggled up in her arms.

This night though, well, this night I couldn't get dinner ready because Oliver wanted to show off how good he is on his slide. I just can't say no to this kid so I grabbed the camera and hunkered down for a bit to watch him.


Hey Mom, can you come watch me for a bit?
Sure hunny, of course.

Really Mom, the camera, again. 
Yes Oliver, really. Don't you make me tickle you for that back talk.
The things I have to put up with.

Getting into position...

Getting ready to let go...

And we're off!

And we're done.

It's a pretty short slide after all. 

I put the camera down after this because Oliver decided to tackle me. Then he needed a drink from that sippy cup you see there, then he tackled me again. This pattern pretty much continued for the next 40 minutes, with a few races and chases mixed in for good measure. It was pretty great.

So was the pizza dinner Bo picked up.

No comments: